More lane shifts coming on 35E in St. Paul
- Blog Post by: Tim Harlow
- November 25, 2013 - 1:30 PM
Commuters heading home on northbound 35E will find a new configuration Monday afternoon as MnDOT continues reconstruction activities between Cayuga Street and Maryland Avenue.
MnDOT has moved traffic west to allow crews to continue working on pier and abutment work on the new I-35E bridges.
Next Monday, Dec. 2, motorists will experience traffic access changes on I-35E as new ramps open and current ramps close. The following traffic changes will occur according to MnDOT:
· The northbound I-35E ramps to and from Phalen Boulevard/Pennsylvania Avenue will close permanently
· Cayuga Street access under I-35E will reopen
· The new ramp from Cayuga Street to northbound I-35E will open
· A temporary ramp from the new Cayuga Street ramp to York Avenue will open
This configuration is anticipated to remain in place through winter and spring 2014. The changes are part of the I-35E Cayuga improvement project, which aims to reconstruct I-35E between University Avenue and Maryland Avenue, including replacement of the Cayuga Bridge, the Pennsylvania Avenue Bridge and the railroad bridges along I-35E.
© 2016 Star Tribune