Wal-Mart attack: Best Buy also offers Black Friday deals a week early
- Blog Post by: John Ewoldt
- November 22, 2013 - 8:07 AM
In what is being seen as a response to Wal-Mart's price matching some of Best Buy's Black Friday prices on Friday, Nov. 22, Richfield-based Best Buy announced late Thursday that it will offer a number of doorbusters of its own. The sale runs through Saturday, Nov. 23.
Model numbers weren't provided but the deals include:
- A Vizio 50-inch TV for $449.99 after $200 savings.
- A 32-inch Toshiba TV for 199.99.
- Customers who purchase a fourth generation Apple iPad with Retina Display will receive a free $75 Best Buy gift card.
- A Toshiba laptop for $299.
- The Samsung Galaxy S3 16 GB phone is free with two-year activation on AT&T, Sprint and Verizon, for both new and upgrade customers.
The items listed are offered online and in the store, according to Best Buy spokesman Jeff Shelman.
How do they compare to other deals next week on Gray Thursday/Black Friday? Target will have an Element 50-inch TV for $229, but the cheapest 50-inch Vizio on Amazon Thursday was about $650, so the Vizio for $449 isn't bad. The Samsung Galaxy S3 deal isn't quite as good as Best Buy's similar deal for a free S4 with two-year activation on Black Friday.
© 2017 Star Tribune