Bella Sutton, right, helped Mounds View win the Suburban East Conference last season before the Mustangs lost to Irondale in the Class 2A, Section 5 final.
Girls' hockey preview: Top 10 teams
- November 18, 2013 - 9:34 PM
TOP 10 TEAMS
1. Minnetonka: Graduation claimed five Division I players but three consecutive state titles earn the Skippers favorite status.
2. Benilde-St. Margaret’s: Desperate for a breakthrough after three section title game losses to Minnetonka.
3. Hill-Murray: Class 2A runner-up added experience to talented mix.
4. Hopkins: Boasts some of state’s top players. But depth is a concern.
5. Eden Prairie: Emerging team must reload at the goaltender position.
6. Edina: Talented team playing under an interim coach this season.
7. Lakeville North: The Panthers always are playing at their best come the postseason.
8. Mounds View: Rock solid in net. Must find additional scoring.
9. Blaine: Capable of applying offensive pressure, but the Bengals defense has some questions.
10. Blake: Defending Class 1A champion Bears look to continue their roll.
© 2014 Star Tribune