Week 11 scouting report: Seattle Seahawks
- November 14, 2013 - 12:27 AM
Vikings at seattle
3:25 p.m. Sunday
CenturyLink Field TV: Ch. 9
Radio: 100.3-FM, 1130-AM
ABOUT THE SEAHAWKS RECORD: 9-1
• The Seahawks defeated the Bucs 27-24 in overtime last Sunday despite being down 21-0. It was the largest come-from-behind victory in franchise history.
• RB Marshawn Lynch is second in the NFL with 871 rushing yards and tied for third with seven rushing touchdowns.
• Former Vikings WR Percy Harvin could make his season debut Sunday. He was traded for a first-round pick in the offseason.
• Seattle is on a five-game winning streak with four consecutive victories against the NFC and is 5-0 in conference games.
• The Seahawks are 18-6 all time in games played heading into a bye week, second best in NFL history.
• Seattle has allowed only 10 touchdown passes, fifth fewest in the NFL.
player speak qb: russell Wilson
• Wilson has 20 victories through his first two seasons, third most for a QB in NFL history behind Ben Roethlisberger (22) and Dan Marino (21).
• Against the Panthers in Week 1, Wilson set a career high in passing yards (320) and tied a career high in completions (25).
• On Harvin … “He’s a special player. You don’t find too many guys that can do what he can do on the football field.”
• On personal accomplishments … “It doesn’t mean anything. The thing that means the most is it means we’re winning football games. … At the end of the day, that’s all I care about.”
coach speak pete carroll
• The 62-year old Carroll is in his eighth season as an NFL head coach (fourth with the Seahawks). He is a former Vikings and Gophers assistant.
• On his impression of Harvin … “He’s extraordinarily competitive. Fierce competitor and we couldn’t ask for an attribute that we champion more here in our program.”
• On his battered offensive line … “We really missed three guys out of last week’s game that have a chance to be back this week.”
• On the number of former Vikings players/staff on the Seahawks … “It seems like, for whatever reason, it got connected and we keep bringing in guys that played for the Vikings. I have no problem with it.”
© 2014 Star Tribune