See your password here? It's probably time to change it
- November 6, 2013 - 3:52 PM
Keys to a better password
A lot of smart people use very dumb passwords. Then they repeat them over and over. Among the worst offenders:
• Password. The word itself is still one of the most common examples.
• Sequential or repeated numbers. Using 111111 and 123456 is just lazy.
• Names of pets, kids and family members are no-nos.
• Birthdates and hometowns. Hardly a secret.
• Clever but unoriginal, a la “letmein” and “trustno1.”
• Favorite animals, sports, cars and colors. Try again.
© 2014 Star Tribune