Friday's prep football roundup
- November 2, 2013 - 12:47 AM
Totino-Grace topples Wayzata in second round
• TOTINO-GRACE 22, WAYZATA 8: Two touchdowns by Carlton Djam in the final four minutes led Totino-Grace to a second-round victory in the 6A playoffs. Wayzata led 8-7 before Djam scored on a 4-yard run with 3 minutes, 30 seconds remaining. Djam completed the scoring with a 23-yard run after the Eacles stopped the Trojans on downs.
IN OTHER CLASS 6A GAMES:
• EDEN PRAIRIE 49, CENTENNIAL 11: Anthony Anderson and Charlie Venable each rushed for two TDs to lead the defending state champion Eagles.
• ROSEMOUNT 42, MOUNDS VIEW 7: Jackson Erdman completed 12 of 14 passes for 206 yards to lead the Irish to the second-round victory.
• ROSEVILLE 39, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 15: Matthew Peckham rushed for two touchdowns and Jacques Perra threw two TD passes, leading the Raiders to a second-round victory.
• APPLE VALLEY 28, MINNEAPOLIS WASHBURN 0: Da’Shawn Lewis rushed for 131 yards and two TDs as the Eagles defeated the Millers for the Section 3 championship.
• ANDOVER 33, SPRING LAKE PARK 32 (OT): Andover stopped a two-point conversion attempt in overtime to hold on for the second-round victory. Derek McLaughlin rushed for 194 yards and two touchdowns — including a 3-yard TD run in overtime — for Andover.
• BRAINERD 35, CHISAGO LAKES 20: Conor Gessell rushed for three TDs and Logan Davis rushed for two scores in propelling the Warriors to the Section 7 title.
• DELANO 20, BECKER 14: Brady Miller’s interception in the end zone in the final minute helped Delano secure a victory in the Section 5 championship game.
• HOLY ANGELS 57, ST. PAUL HIGHLAND PARK 13: Connor McCarthy scored an offensive and defensive TD to break a 13-13 tie and spark the Stars to the Section 3 championship. McCarthy’s 30-yard touchdown run gave the Stars a 19-13 lead. On the ensuing possession, McCarthy returned an interception 41 yards for a score.
• HUTCHINSON 40, WASECA 13: Tory Adams rushed for 218 yards — 213 in the first half — and two touchdowns, leading the defending state champion Tigers past the Bluejays in the Section 2 championship game.
• SOUTH ST. PAUL 28, HILL-MURRAY 10: Marco Freeman rushed for 163 yards and two TDs and Billy Brandecker rushed for two TDs to lead the Packers over the Pioneers for the Section 4 championship.
• GLENCOE-SILVER LAKE 33, WATERTOWN-MAYER 0: Jake Studemann rushed for 125 yards and four TDs and Dalton Clouse rushed for 127 yards to lead the Panthers to the Section 2 championship.
• ST. CROIX LUTHERAN 49, COLUMBIA HEIGHTS 20: Hans Klingenschmitt rushed for 184 yards and two TDs, helping the Crusaders roll in Section 4.
• PINE ISLAND 29, NORWOOD YOUNG AMERICA 28: Ben Warnake’s 2-yard TD reception and Ben Farrell’s two-point conversion with 27 seconds remaining lifted Pine Island to victory in Section 2 championship game.
• LESTER PRAIRIE/HOLY TRINITY 29, BELGRADE-BROOTEN-ELROSA 12: Nate Tesch rushed for 119 yards and two touchdowns in carrying the Bulldogs to the Section 4 title.
© 2016 Star Tribune