Recipe: Corpse Reviver #2
- October 30, 2013 - 1:12 PM
CORPSE REVIVER #2
Note: The anise-flavored liqueur could be of any variety, including Pernod, Herbsaint or absinthe. You need only a small amount, so buy the least expensive. It does give a “lift” in flavor to the drink, so it’s worth adding. The No. 1 and No. 3 variations of this drink use brandy as a base, and no anise liqueur.
• 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) gin
• 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) Cointreau (orange flavored liqueur)
• 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) Lillet Blanc (white wine aperitif)
• 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) fresh lemon juice
• 1 to 2 dashes anise-flavored liqueur (see Note)
Combine in a shaker with cracked ice; shake and strain. (Or refrigerate all the ingredients before mixing.) Serve immediately with a cherry or lemon peel.
© 2017 Star Tribune