Wolves everywhere in NBA GM survey of best players, coaches
- Blog Post by: Michael Rand
- October 23, 2013 - 9:36 AM
We're getting very close to the start of the NBA season, which also means it is probably time to check your smoke alarm batteries (no joke: one of ours proved to be faulty last week) because we're about to get really optimistic about the Timberwolves.
This year, as opposed to previous years, we are not alone.
Examples are all around, but here is the latest one: the most recent survey of league GMs posted on NBA.com. Wolves players and coaches are all over it. Here are some of the prime examples:
Who is the best power forward in the NBA?
2. Kevin Love, Minnesota -- 27.6%
Which team will be most improved in 2013-14?
2. Brooklyn, Cleveland, Houston, Minnesota, New Orleans, Washington -- 13.3%
Which international player is most likely to have a breakout season in 2013-14?
2. Ricky Rubio, Minnesota -- 17.9%
(Alexey Shved and Nikola Pekovic also receiving votes)
Which head coach makes the best in-game adjustments?
4. Rick Adelman, Minnesota; Tom Thibodeau, Chicago -- 10.3%
Which head coach runs the best offense?
2. Rick Adelman, Minnesota -- 20.7%
Which player is the best offensive rebounder?
1. Kevin Love, Minnesota -- 41.4%
Which player is the best passer?
2. Rajon Rondo, Boston; Ricky Rubio, Minnesota -- 16.7%
Kevin Martin also got some votes in the category for moving best without the ball. Just another reason to be optimistic about this season -- and a roster that is the most talented the Wolves have had in a decade, with a coach to match.
© 2017 Star Tribune