Joe Christensen's Big Ten power poll
- October 3, 2013 - 11:02 PM
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Ohio State (5-0, 1-0): Back at full strength against Wisconsin, the Buckeyes looked capable of running the table.
2. Northwestern (4-0): The Wildcats have another test next week, at Wisconsin, before the Gophers visit Oct. 19.
3. Michigan (4-0): The Wolverines’ 17-game home winning streak is the longest of any BCS conference school.
4. Wisconsin (3-2, 1-1): Melvin Gordon said his left knee is fine and that he will be ready for Northwestern next week.
5. Michigan State (3-1): Spartans fans hope the week off helped their team sort out its quarterback mess.
6. Nebraska (3-1): With Taylor Martinez still hobbled, Tommie Armstrong Jr. will start, and Ron Kellogg likely will play.
7. Penn State (3-1): After playing Indiana on Saturday, the Nittany Lions face Michigan and Ohio State.
8. Iowa (4-1, 1-0): The doubts are starting to subside for redshirt sophomore quarterback Jake Rudock.
9. Illinois (3-1): Nathan Scheelhaase threw four touchdown passes last year. This year, he has thrown 12.
10. Gophers (4-1, 0-1): Facing Michigan, Northwestern and Nebraska, U will need an upset to avoid a 0-4 Big Ten start.
11. Indiana (2-2): The Hoosiers face Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan before the Gophers visit on Nov. 2.
12. Purdue (1-4, 0-1): True freshman quarterback Danny Etling offers the Boilermakers a new ray of hope.
© 2016 Star Tribune