Gophers football: Henry returns; Streveler injures hand, Edwards likely to redshirt
- Blog Post by: Joe Christensen
- October 2, 2013 - 10:28 PM
Some quick notes from Wednesday's practice:
* Fullback Mike Henry (rib injury) practiced in a green non-contact jersey Wednesday and remains questionable for Saturday.
* Third-string quarterback Chris Streveler suffered a hand injury on a throw, so the Gophers are giving Donovahn Jones more reps at quarterback this week, just in case.
* Freshman running back Berkley Edwards has returned from his sprained ankle injury, but it’s increasingly likely that he will redshirt. Coach Jerry Kill mentioned the depth the Gophers have at running back, especially with Donnell Kirkwood back from his ankle injury.
“Donnell really practiced well the last two days; I think he’s starting to come on,” Kill said. “So I think we’ve got to be smart with what we do with Berkley. That’s a talented young man that you don’t want to burn a redshirt on unless you’re going to play him a lot.”
© 2014 Star Tribune