Minn. toddler in ND hospital for biting detergent
- Associated Press
- October 2, 2013 - 5:50 PM
FARGO, N.D. — A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who bit into a Tide detergent pod is being treated for poisoning at a North Dakota hospital.
Alexander Rohde from Hitterdal, Minn., turned 1 last week. He was flown to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo over the weekend.
Family members told KVLY-TV (http://bit.ly/GAam3L) that Alexander thought the pod was a treat. He started throwing up and soon could not breathe. A hospital spokesman said Wednesday that Alexander was in critical condition but improving.
Alex's mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, tells KVLY that Tide should change the look of its pod. Tide said in a statement it's working to educate people on keeping them out of the reach of children.
© 2013 Star Tribune