Work on eastbound I-694 nearly complete
- Blog Post by: Tim Harlow
- September 27, 2013 - 9:00 AM
Commuters on eastbound I-694 were greeted with a pleasant surprise this morning as most of the road work has lifted and the traffic lanes from Hwy. 252 to I-35W were open.
There's even better news. According to MnDOT spokesman Kent Barnard, most of the ramps along that segment are or will open today. Here is a rundown:
- Eastbound I-94 to eastbound I-694 will open Friday.
- Westbound I-94/northbound Hwy 252 to eastbound I-694 will open Friday.
- Eastbound I-694 to Hwy 252 will open Friday.
- Southbound Hwy 252 to eastbound I-694 will open Friday.
- Eastbound I-694 to East River Road will open Friday
- Eastbound I-694 to southbound University Avenue (Highway 47) will open Monday
Work on the westbound lanes will continue as will lane restrictions will actually be extended as far back as 35W. So come Monday, look for delays from 35W all the way over to East River Road. The ramp from Long Lake Road to west 694 also will close Sunday at 9 p.m.
© 2013 Star Tribune