Brooklyn Park residents rate life good or excellent, survey finds
- September 21, 2013 - 4:25 PM
Residents had mostly good things to say about Brooklyn Park in the most recent community survey of the city of 77,000.
Eighty-nine percent said the quality of life was good (72 percent) or excellent (17 percent), and 83 percent said the city was headed in the right direction. In 2011, 81 percent rated quality of life as good or excellent, and 70 percent said the city was on the right track.
This phone survey of 400 randomly selected households was done in June by the firm Decision Resources Ltd. About 125 questions were asked.
Among the other findings:
• 92 percent said the appearance of their neighborhood was good or excellent.
• 86 percent said they have “an overall feeling of safety” in the city; 14 percent said they don’t.
• 94 percent said their neighborhood is a good place to raise children.
• 32 percent said crime is the most serious issue facing Brooklyn Park; 22 percent said there was no serious issue.
For more: www.brooklynpark.org
© 2015 Star Tribune