Temi Ogunrinde, Park of Cottage Grove, sr., 2013-14
Washington County Notebook
- September 14, 2013 - 3:30 PM
Park soccer relies on its shutdown D
The Park of Cottage Grove girls’ soccer team has lived up to its defensive reputation. The Wolfpack did not allow a goal through the first seven games of the season en route to a perfect 7-0 record. Junior goalkeeper Emily Lange played in all seven games, posting five shutouts. Forward Temi Ogunrinde has provided much of the scoring punch with four goals, including the game-winner with 27 seconds left in overtime in a 1-0 victory over Woodbury on Tuesday.
• Considering the competition, the Stillwater volleyball team’s 4-3 record (through Monday) looks worse than it is. The Ponies’ three losses have been to Eagan (Class 3A, No. 4), Southwest Christian (1A, No. 1) and Stewartville (2A, No. 4).
• After opening the season with a 5-0 record, the Mahtomedi girls’ tennis team suffered its first two losses at the Duluth East Invitational. The Zephyrs fell to Elk River 4-3 and to tournament champion Forest Lake 5-2.
• Mahtomedi has selected five 2013 inductees for its Athletic Hall of Fame. They are Raoul Dufresne, Class of 1956; Michael Patterson, 1961; Paul Beggin, retired boys’ soccer coach; Jena Kluegel Cogsworth, 1994; and Shannon Pohl Bryant, 1992. Inductees will be introduced at halftime of the homecoming football game against St. Thomas Academy on Sept. 27.
• East Ridge will compete in the Fall 2013 Trap Shooting League. League competition begins Sept. 15. Registration information can be found at the Minnesota State High School Clay Target League website (mnclaytarget.com/leagues/ 2013-fall-league).
© 2015 Star Tribune