Big Ten Power Poll: Michigan stays on top
- September 12, 2013 - 8:08 PM
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Michigan (2-0): The Devin Gardner to Jeremy Gallon connection was unstoppable against Notre Dame.
2. Ohio State (2-0): Braxton Miller’s backup, Kenny Guiton, could start for half of these Big Ten teams.
3. Wisconsin (2-0): Key stretch coming vs. Arizona State (road), Purdue, Ohio State (road) and Northwestern.
4. Northwestern (2-0): The Wildcats are 15-4 in their past 19 games, including wins this year over Cal and Syracuse.
5. Nebraska (2-0): The Cornhuskers better be ready for another shootout Saturday against UCLA.
6. Penn State (2-0): It’s easy to understand the hype for Christian Hackenberg when you see him throw.
7. Michigan State (2-0): Season TD totals: Spartans offense 2, Spartans defensive end Shilique Calhoun 3.
8. Gophers (2-0): Season TD totals: Gophers special teams 3, Gophers defense 2, Gophers offense 7.
9. Illinois (2-0): The Illini, 2-10 last year, showed this will be a different season, defeating Cincinnati 45-17.
10. Indiana (1-1): Facing Navy’s triple option, Indiana fell behind 17-0 and couldn’t recover in a 41-35 loss.
11. Iowa (1-1): Shaky to this point, the Hawkeyes could restore faith this weekend by beating Iowa State.
12. Purdue (1-1): Notre Dame comes to West Lafayette this week, coming off a disappointing trip to Ann Arbor.
© 2017 Star Tribune