Police: Wanted man used knife in five cab robberies
- Blog Post by:
- June 20, 2013 - 4:12 PM
A man wanted for the assault and robbery of five cab drivers at knifepoint this week should be considered armed and dangerous, Minneapolis police said in an announcement Thursday afternoon.
Tonio James Weaver, 22, is suspected of carrying out the robberies, say police. He was described as a Native American man, 5' 8" tall with a light build and a shaved head. He's believed to be armed with a knife. Anyone who sees him should call 911 immediately, police urged.
He's suspected in the following robberies:
* A Red and White cab driver was robbed Tuesday at 4:30 a.m. in the 1800 block of 26th Street East.
* A Blue and White cab driver was robbed Wednesday at 3:15 p.m. in the 2600 block of Cedar Avenue South.
* A New Star Taxi driver was robbed Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. at 52nd and Knox Avenues North.
* A Yellow Taxi driver was robbed Thursday at 4:30 a.m. in the 2400 block of 18th Avenue South.
* A Red and White cab driver was robbed Thursday at 7:15 a.m. in the 2000 block of 28th Street East.
© 2016 Star Tribune