Thursday's metro prep roundup
- May 9, 2013 - 10:48 PM
Lakeville North beats ’12 champ
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 3, EASTVIEW 1: The Panthers are quickly climbing in the Class 3A rankings. Junior pitcher AJ Sayer earned his third victory of the season on a seven-hitter as Lakeville North (8-1) beat defending state champion Eastview (6-4) for the second time this season Thursday in Apple Valley. Sayer struck out eight and walked none. Dalton Lehnen, also a junior, had two hits and scored a run for the fifth-ranked Panthers.
• COON RAPIDS 7, CHAMPLIN PARK 4: Junior Alex Boxwell went 3-for-4 and drove in two runs as the Class 3A, No. 3 Cardinals beat the Rebels in the Northwest Suburban. It was his second three-hit game of the season.
• EDINA 2, EDEN PRAIRIE 0: Senior Mitch Larson, a Nebraska Omaha recruit, threw a four-hit shutout as the Hornets (5-4) blanked the Eagles in a Lake matchup. Eden Prairie is ranked seventh in Class 3A.
• FOREST LAKE 5, WOODBURY 4: Senior Dylan Dresel’s one-out double in the bottom of the sixth broke a 4-4 tie and gave the Rangers over the Royals in the Suburban East.
• DASSEL-COKATO 10, NEW LONDON-SPICER 0: Junior Sarah Kivisto threw a three-hit shutout and drove in four runs in the Chargers’ victory over the Wildcats in the Wright County. Kivisto struck out 12 and walked one. Senior Lexi Carlen went 4-for-4, including a solo home run.
• HILL-MURRAY 16, TOTINO-GRACE 5: Senior Rachel Evenson and sophomore Kennedy Houge each had four hits, leading the Pioneers past the Eagles in nonconference play. Evenson scored two runs while Houge drove in two.
• MISSOTA CONFERENCE: Senior Cody Seal shot a 1-under-par 71, leading Chanhassen to the team title in the seven-team conference meet at Bluff Creek Golf Course in Chaska. Seal, the medalist in this meet, was 14th in the Class 3A state meet a year ago. The Storm finished 12 strokes ahead of Chaska for the team crown.
© 2017 Star Tribune