Chris Walker • Chicago Tribune ,
Recipe: Pizza Over Easy
- April 24, 2013 - 2:23 PM
PIZZA OVER EASY
Makes 2 (10-inch) pizzas serving 4 to 6.
Note: Recipe from “Breakfast for Dinner.”
• 4 oz. baby arugula, plus more for topping
• 2/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 c. shelled pistachios
• 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
• 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• Freshly ground pepper
• 2 balls (9 to 10 oz. each) pizza dough, store-bought
• Cornmeal or semolina flour
• 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated or thinly sliced, about 1 c., divided
• 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
• 2 eggs, divided
Place a pizza stone (or baking sheet) on the middle rack in the oven. Heat oven to 500 degrees. For the pesto, place arugula, oil, pistachios, garlic and red pepper flakes in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
Roll or stretch dough into disks, about 10 inches in diameter, on a lightly floured surface. Generously dust a pizza peel or the underside of a cookie sheet with cornmeal or semolina. Lay 1 dough disk on top. Spread half the pesto over the dough; sprinkle with half the cheeses. Crack 1 egg in the center.
Gently slide pizza onto pizza stone. Bake until cheese is melted and egg white is cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes; edges of crust should be golden brown. Remove from oven; cool slightly. Top with fresh arugula. Repeat for second pizza.
Nutrition information per each of 6 servings:
Calories 630 Fat 43 g Sodium 768 mg
Carbohydrates 42 g Saturated fat 10 g Protein 22 g
Cholesterol 88 mg Dietary fiber 3
© 2016 Star Tribune