Monday's metro area road and lane closings
- Blog Post by: Tim Harlow
- April 1, 2013 - 9:04 AM
MnDOT's construction season gets underway today with with work on upgrading the intersection of 93rd Avenue and Hwy. 169 in Brooklyn Park.
Starting at 9 a.m., crews will begin removing the traffic signals at the busy intersection. The lights will be replaced with an overpass carrying traffic on 93rd Avenue over Hwy. 169.
Work will force crews to close 93rd Avenue, also known as County Road 30, between Xylon Avenue and 5th Avenue in Osseo.
Here are highlights of the $8.2 million project:
- Bridging County Hwy 30/93rd Ave N over Hwy 169 to the north of the existing intersection
- Constructing loop ramps in the northeast and northwest quadrants of the interchange for access to and from Hwy 169 to the south
- Providing access to St. Vincent’s Cemetery, retaining full access at Xylon Avenue and minimizing right of way impacts
- Signalizing the ramp intersections
- Providing eight-foot trails along both sides of 93rd Avenue N. through the project area
In Wayzata, County Road 101 will be closed between McGinty Road and Minnetonka Blvd. starting at 9 a.m. today to allow crews to fix a broken watermain.
On Hwy. 169, the ramp from northbound 169 to Minnetonka Blvd. will be shut down from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The right lane of westbound 94 will be closed between Dale Street and Western Avenue in St. Paul for pedestrian bridge work from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Look for rolling lane closings on Hwy. 212 in both directions between 494 and Hwy. 62 from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Crews will be patching potholes.
Crews will install new guardrails on southbound 35 between 185th Street and 210th Street in Lakeville. The left lane will be closed from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Tonight, the ramp from eastbound 494 to Portland Avenue will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
© 2014 Star Tribune