Chart: Gardenhire has advantages, disadvantages
- March 28, 2013 - 11:26 PM
Gardy The good, the bad
Longtime manager Ron Gardenhire could be on the hot seat after 195 combined losses the past two seasons. Here’s why making a call on Gardenhire won’t be an easy decision:
• Don’t discount six division titles in his first nine seasons.
• Early success was with young nucleus, so he knows the building process.
• Club knows that he has not been given the horses to win lately, especially pitchers.
• Those 195 losses in the past two seasons.
• Fundamentals have been lacking as losses mount.
• Playoff record disturbingly bad.
© 2016 Star Tribune