WCHA roundup: St. Cloud State wins, clinches at least share of MacNaughton Cup
- March 9, 2013 - 9:10 AM
St. Cloud State clinches title tie
• ST. CLOUD STATE 4, WISCONSIN 2: The Huskies (21-13-1, 18-8-1) rallied for three third-period goals to clinch at least a share of their first WCHA regular-season title. St. Cloud State has been in the conference for 23 seasons. Jonny Brodzinski’s goal tied the score at 2-all for visiting SCSU. Nick Jensen scored the game-winner.
• NORTH DAKOTA 4, MSU MANKATO 3: Rocco Grimaldi’s goal with 35 seconds left gave UND a 4-2 lead and was the deciding goal for UND (19-9-7, 14-6-7) at Mankato. Taylor Herndon scored 15 seconds later for the Mavericks (21-11-3, 15-11-1).
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 5, NEBRASKA OMAHA 4: Senior Mike Seidel had two goals and an assist to lead the host Bulldogs (13-17-5, 9-13-5) beat the Mavericks (18-15-2, 14-11-2).
• DENVER 7, ALASKA ANCHORAGE 1: SeniorZac Larraza scored two goals and Ty Loney had three assists to lead the Pioneers (18-11-5, 13-9-5) over the visiting Seawolves (4-22-7, 2-19-6). The two take a day off before playing their second game Sunday.
• MICHIGAN TECH 2, COLORADO COLLEGE 0: Milos Gordic scored his sixth goal of the season in the middle of the opening period and freshman backup goalie Jamie Phillips made 22 saves as the Huskies (12-17-4, 8-15-4) beat the visiting Tigers (13-7-5, 10-13-4).
© 2014 Star Tribune