Area college basketball roundup: MSU Mankato wins NSIC South division
- February 23, 2013 - 10:15 PM
• MSU MANKATO 85, SW MINNESOTA STATE 75: The host Mavericks clinched the NSIC South Division title with a victory Saturday. Jarvis Williams scored 21 to lead the Mavericks (22-4, 18-4 South). Jordan Miller scored 26 for the Mustangs (16-13, 13-9).
• BEMIDJI STATE 75, ST. CLOUD STATE 71: Dermaine Crockrell and Lance Rongstad each scored 17 points to lead the host Beavers (15-11, 13-9 North) past the NSIC North-leading Huskies. Shaun Jensen scored 26 for St. Cloud State (19-7, 15-7).
• AUGUSTANA 81, WINONA STATE 78 (OT): Alex Richter's three-point field goal with two seconds left in overtime lifted the host Vikings (19-7, 15-7 South) past the Warriors. Clayton Vette scored 23 to lead the Warriors (23-6, 17-5).
• SIOUX FALLS 73, CONCORDIA (ST. PAUL) 66: A.J. Holland scored 17 points to lead the Cougars (12-14, 8-14 South). Terez VanPelt scored 19 to lead the Golden Bears (9-17, 7-15).
•NORTHWESTERN (ROSEVILLE) 79, BETHANY LUTHERAN 73: Lance Westberg scored 23 points as the host Eagles beat the Vikings in the UMAC championship game. Garrett Benson scored 17 to lead the Vikings.
•ST. THOMAS 58, CONCORDIA (MOORHEAD) 50: The Tommies outscored the host Cobbers 17-5 over the final 11 1/2 minutes to win the championship game of the MIAC playoffs. Kellie Ring scored 16 points to lead the Tommies, who earned the MIAC's automatic berth in the Division III playoffs. Emily Thesing scored 16 points to lead the Cobbers, who won the MIAC regular-season title. They will have to wait until Monday to see if they get a spot in the playoffs.
• CONCORDIA (ST. PAUL) 76, SIOUX FALLS 47: The host Golden Bears won the NSIC South Division title. Anika Whiting scored 20 points and Carissa Wolyniec 18 to lead the Golden Bears (21-5, 19-3 NSIC South). Alyssa Rushton scored 15 to lead Sioux Falls (12-14, 9-13).
•ST. CLOUD STATE 73, BEMIDJI STATE 48: Jessica Benson scored 24 points to lead the visiting Huskies (18-8, 14-8). SCSU clinched the NSIC North Division title with the victory.
• MSU MANKATO 80, SW MINNESOTA STATE 62: Karlee Gengenbacher scored 18 points to lead the host Mavericks (22-4, 18-4 NSIC) past the Mustangs.
• SCHOLASTICA 76, MARTIN LUTHER 67: Danica Schellbach had 24 points and 14 rebounds and Erin Frase 20 points to lead the Saints to the victory in the UMAC championship game.
© 2014 Star Tribune