Rayno's Big Ten power poll
- February 23, 2013 - 12:53 AM
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Indiana: If not for the crazy, last-second Illinois shot in Champaign, we'd be talking about a 10-game streak through the Big Ten.
2. Michigan State: The Hoosiers have proven they're a step ahead of the Spartans. Everyone else? Get in line.
3. Wisconsin: Ben Brust -- 27 points and 19 rebounds in the past two games -- has been huge in getting the Badgers back on track.
4. Michigan: Penn State on the schedule was supposed to be a welcome stop in a rough stretch, but the Wolverines have to get more than an eight-point win there.
5. Ohio State: The Buckeyes picked up the intensity vs. Minnesota. But will they be able to keep it up against Michigan State?
6. Illinois: The Illini are going strong but finish with three road games in the last four.
7. Iowa: At this point, the Hawkeyes could be tourney-bound despite that poor RPI (83).
8. Minnesota: Someone needs to set these Gophers' tails on fire -- they're looking like frozen statues on the court.
9. Purdue: There isn't enough firepower this year, but I'm excited to see how A.J. Hammons develops.
10. Northwestern: Poor Wildcats fans don't even have a bubble to hope for.
11. Nebraska: When the Huskers can slow it down, they can challenge, but so far they can only manage wins over Penn State.
12. Penn State: A two-point loss against Iowa, a five-point loss at Illinois, an eight-point loss AT MICHIGAN? Might the Lions win one?
© 2015 Star Tribune