Tuesday's girls' basketball roundup: Hedstrom sisters pace Minnetonka
- February 20, 2013 - 12:22 AM
• MINNETONKA 49, EDINA 43: The Skippers did their best to unravel a tight Lake Conference, stopping Class 4A, No. 5 Edina on its home court. The No. 6 Skippers trailed in the second half before ninth-grader Hannah Hedstrom's late buckets and older sister Joanna's 18 points rallied Minnetonka for the road victory. MC McGrory scored 19 points for Edina.
• WHITE BEAR LAKE 60, CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 52: The Bears jumped out to an early lead and spread the offense around to best its Suburban East foe. The Bears made five three- pointers. Freshman guard Alison Hinck led White Bear Lake with 13 points. Jordyn Alt scored 16 points for the Raiders.
• COOPER 48, BENILDE-ST. MARGARET'S 42: The Hawks improved their conference record to 15-0, clinching the North Suburban Conference title with a road victory. Chelsey McGee scored 15 for Cooper, Talayiah Rich 13. Junior Grace Coughlin led the Red Knights with 17 points.
• MINNEAPOLIS WASHBURN 62, MINNEAPOLIS ROOSEVELT 59: The Millers held off a late-game surge from the visiting Teddies to improve to 10-0 in Minneapolis City Conference. Chase Coley had 20 points for Washburn. Roosevelt's Tyaneka Cage scorers with 25 points.
© 2014 Star Tribune