Tuesday's boys' basketball roundup: Chambers leads Hopkins
- Article by: Brian Stensaas
- February 20, 2013 - 12:20 AM
• HOPKINS 83, EDEN PRAIRIE 70: Kamali Chambers led all scorers with 18 points, pacing the Royals over the Eagles. The Royals had four other scorers in double figures, too. The Eagles were led by Jack Cottrell's 16 points.
• OSSEO 89, WAYZATA 76: Bridge Tusler had 32 points and Ian Theisen 29 more as the Orioles defeated the Trojans. Wayzata was paced by Bradley Carlson's 27 points and Zach Robertson's 19.
•BETHANY ACADEMY 53, CRISTO REY JESUIT 52: The Eagles nearly allowed an 11-point halftime lead wither away before prevailing by one point. Bethany's Sam Hagen led all scorers with 26 points, while Cristo Rey was paced by Davonte Smith's 24.
• ARMSTRONG 62, ELK RIVER 51: The Falcons had balanced scoring as Mitchell Biewen, Nick O'Hara, James Morris and Matt Weisberg were in double figures. Porter Morrell had 16 points and Bryan Edwards 13 for the Elks.
• MINNEAPOLIS SOUTH 49, MINNEAPOLIS HENRY 39: Payton Bowdry had 14 points and Alejandro Richardson 13 as the Tigers defeated the Patriots. Jamar Boone had a game-high 16 points for Henry.
• CHAMPLIN PARK 82, BLAINE 65: The Rebels boasted four scorers in double figures, led by Zach Johnson's 20 points. Trevor Garrison added 16 points and five rebounds. The Bengals had four players in double figures, led by Justin Mbanfo's 14 points.
• EDINA 68, MINNETONKA 54: Graham Woodward paced the Hornets with 21 points in a victory over the Skippers. Ben Boone, Mark Handberg and Reggie Lynch added 11 points apiece, as Edina continues to play better with victories over Wayzata and Hopkins in recent weeks. Lynch also had 12 rebounds for a double-double. Riley Dearring had 24 points for the Skippers.
• SHAKOPEE 72, CHASKA 66: The Sabers trailed at halftime 42-30 before their second-half comeback. John Burlager was at the forefront of the rally, scoring 25 points. Jacob Hansen had 22 points for the Chaska.
© 2016 Star Tribune