Big Ten power poll
- February 15, 2013 - 10:49 PM
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Michigan State: It's hard to say any team has more momentum than the Spartans right now.
2. Indiana: The Hoosiers didn't spend much time mulling over the Illinois loss, defeating Ohio State and Nebraska.
3. Michigan: The Spartans overwhelmed the Wolverines in the paint, a weakness that has been exposed a little more lately.
4. Wisconsin: A loss at Minnesota significantly hurt the Badgers' title chances, but their conference push has still been impressive.
5. Ohio State: The Buckeyes lost their first home game and had a difficult stretch this week, but are still very much in the hunt.
6. Illinois: Quite a turnaround for the Illini, who again look tournament-bound.
7. Minnesota: With a tough three-game stretch ahead, the Gophers notched a huge one against the rival Badgers.
8. Purdue: When the Boilermakers lose, they lose badly.
9. Iowa: The Hawkeyes won consecutive games for just the second time this season. Next up: The Gophers.
10. Northwestern: With four losses in five games, the shorthanded Wildcats are in need of a spark.
11. Nebraska: The Cornhuskers make every game sticky with their clock management, but they're not there yet.
12. Penn State: The schedule is looking less and less favorable for even a single victory in this conference slate.
© 2013 Star Tribune