Kirilenko still out; Barea will play tonight
- Blog Post by: Jerry Zgoda
- February 13, 2013 - 3:41 PM
A little of this and that from this morning's shootaround before tonight's game against Utah
* Andrei Kirilenko remains out with that strained quad.
"I'm feeling pretty good," he said. "Not tonight, but I bet I'll be ready by All Star break. It's not there yet, but it's very close."
* JJ Barea will play with that still sore foot sprain after playing 15 minutes but not moving very well in Monday's victory at Cleveland.
He's planning on some advanced rehab on that foot throughout the five-day All Star break that begins Thursday.
"Just got to get through this one tonight, go to Puerto Rico, put it in some hot water, hot sand and I'll be back ready to go," he said.
* Is this a good sign for Nikola Pekovic's long-term future in Minnesota: He's becoming one of us.
Big Pek said he'll spend part of All Star weekend ice fishing with friends on Lake Mille Lacs.
Asked if he trusts the ice to hold him, he said, "It's three feet. If the cabin can be there, then I can be there probably."
* Ricky Rubio and rookie Alexey Shved head to Houston tomorrow to play in Friday's Rising Stars Challenge that kicks off All-Star weekend.
Rubio has fond memories playing in last year's game.
"I met a lot of people," he said. "Shaquille O'Neal, it was great to see how huge he was. He was funny. All those guys who were there, they're legends. I watched all of them on the TV and it's amazing to say `Hi' to them."
© 2016 Star Tribune