Ellenson out 1-2 weeks with strained Achilles
- Blog Post by: Amelia Rayno
- February 9, 2013 - 8:18 PM
Just some quick notes from tonight’s media access:
- Wally Ellenson will be out for one or two weeks after straining his left Achilles tendon, coach Tubby Smith said. The freshman slipped in the Michigan State game after playing for four minutes in which he went 0-for-1 from the field. “I’m glad he didn’t tear it,” Smith said. “He’ll just have to get some treatment and we’ll see how it goes. But he was playing, he was playing well. It’s unfortunate for us and for him.”
- Austin Hollins was dealing with a migraine before Wednesday’s game at Michigan State, Smith said. Hollins went 0-for-7 from 3-point range and finished with eight points and six rebounds, but would not attribute the blame to his migraine. Said Smith: “He has to deal with that and that’s something that comes on. I don’t know what causes it. But he’s a gamer. He came in and played pretty well, considering.
- Smith said that right now, confidence is not a problem with this team. “I like the way our guys have responded to adversity,” he said. “They’ve stepped up. And it hasn’t always turned out the right way, but they’ve responded the right way."
- Andre Hollins on trying to direct the team through a tough stretch: “This time last year I wasn’t really playing, so this is really my full Big Ten season as a point guard. So it’s my first time going through little tough stretches. Trying to keep the team motivated. Trying to produce night in and night out, be efficient, not turn the ball over, so it’s a learning process. You have to learn fast because this league doesn’t allow you to relax too many times. We just had to cut that learning curve in half and fix our problems.”
© 2015 Star Tribune