Chart: Weighing Peterson and Manning for MVP
- February 3, 2013 - 12:35 AM
THE MVP DEBATE
How the top two finishers for league MVP stack up:
ADRIAN PETERSON, RB, VIKINGS
• Helped team go from 3-13 in 2011 to 10-6 and a playoff berth.
• Rushed for 2,097 yards, second most in the history of the NFL.
• Had 12 rushing TDs and rushed for 6.0 yards per carry.
PEYTON MANNING, QB, BRONCOS
• Led Denver to a 13-3 season and the top seed in the AFC.
• Threw for 4,659 yards with 37 TDs and only 11 INTs.
• Completed 68.6 percent of his passes. QB rating of 105.8.
OTHER AWARD WINNERS
Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings
J.J. Watt, DE, Houston
Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington
Luke Kuechly, LB, Carolina
Peyton Manning, QB, Denver
Coach of the Year
Bruce Arians, Indianapolis
© 2017 Star Tribune