Amelia Rayno's Big Ten power poll
- February 1, 2013 - 8:55 PM
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Michigan: Trey Burke is playing out of his mind, plus the Wolverines had only two turnovers against Northwestern on Wednesday.
2. Indiana: I can't really wait for Saturday night's matchup against Michigan at Assembly Hall.
3. Michigan State: Despite a Jan. 27 loss to the Hoosiers, the Spartans are playing their best basketball right now.
4. Ohio State: We've been wondering all year who else is going to score for the Buckeyes, but so far Deshaun Thomas -- even as the only major threat -- cannot be stopped.
5. Wisconsin: The Badgers still have three victories over ranked teams within the past month.
6. Minnesota: We saw some hints of the early 2012-13 Gophers against Nebraska, which might be enough to pull the team out of its recent slump.
7. Iowa: At least we know the Hawkeyes can win the tempo-altered games.
8. Illinois: I'm not saying the Illini couldn't potentially beat anyone -- when a team has that type of shooting, it can -- but otherwise this team is off the tracks.
9. Purdue: A 37-point loss to Indiana? Yikes.
10. Northwestern: Their style will always make them sticky. But right now, the Wildcats don't have the talent to consistently compete.
11. Nebraska: It's a bad night when a team shoots 63.6 percent in the first half, as the Huskers did against the Gophers last Tuesday, and still loses by 19 points.
12. Penn State: D.J. Newbill is doing everything he can, but it's just not enough.
© 2016 Star Tribune