Tuesday's prep sports roundup
- January 30, 2013 - 12:14 AM
boys' basketballKennedy beats Lakeville North
• BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 71, LAKEVILLE NORTH 67: The Eagles prepared for a visit from second-ranked Apple Valley on Friday night by defending its home court well against the fourth-ranked Panthers on Tuesday. A late defensive stand sparked the Eagles' upset. Dejon Davis led Kennedy with 23 points and Connell Lewis, Jr. had 18.
• COOPER 59, COLUMBIA HEIGHTS 44: It was just another day at the office for coveted recruit Rashad Vaughn, who scored 28 points and grabbed 16 rebounds to help his Hawks defeat Class 3A, No. 7 Columbia Heights and remain at the top of the North Suburban Conference. Colton Williams scored 15 points for the Hylanders.
• ROSEAU 4, WARROAD 0: Zach Yon scored two goals and Ryan Anderson turned away all 23 shots as the Rams shut out the Warriors to salvage a season split. Cole Bjugson had a goal and an assist and Alex Strand had two assists for the Rams. Justin King stopped 24 shots in the loss.
• DULUTH EAST 4, MINNETONKA 2: Meirs Moore had a hat trick as the Greyhounds rallied from a 2-0 deficit to beat the Skippers. Minnetonka took a two-goal lead at the 8:53 mark of the first period but was held scoreless the rest of the way. Alex Toscano added the final goal for Duluth East at 16:24 of the third period. Goalies Paul Ciaccio of Minnetonka and Dylan Parker of Duluth East each stopped 23 shots.
• ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 6, TOTINO-GRACE 1: Alex Johnson had a hat trick as the Cadets defeated the Eagles. Christian Versich and Tom Novak, with two assists apiece, also contributed multiple point. Cadets goalie David Zevnik made 10 saves.
• TOTINO-GRACE 3, ST. FRANCIS 2: The Eagles scored single goals in each period and edged the Fighting Saints. Amelia Vosen, Maddie Savage and Allison Parnell each scored for the Eagles, while Kalley Wagner scored both St. Francis goals.
© 2014 Star Tribune