Thursday's boys' basketball roundup: Champlin Park tops Spring Lake Park
- January 25, 2013 - 12:09 AM
• CHAMPLIN PARK 75, SPRING LAKE PARK 72: An offensive rebound in the final seconds sealed the victory for the Rebels, giving them their 11th victory of the season. The Rebels led for much of the game, but couldn't pull away because of Spring Lake Park's outside shooting. Gary Cook finished with a game-high 25 points for the Panthers, who add a rare loss to their record. Brennan Witt led Champlin Park with 20 points.
• EASTVIEW 57, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 54: The Lightning relied on steady hands at the free-throw line in their slim victory over rival Kennedy. Junior guard Mark Dwyer had 18 points and Ben Oberfeld 16 for Eastview. Jumah'ri Turner led all scorers with 22 points for the Eagles.
• SOUTHWEST CHRISTIAN 55, MARANATHA CHRISTIAN 53: Southwest Christian treated their home crowd to an upset victory over Class 1A, No. 2 Maranatha Christian behind junior guard Luke Johanson's 16 points. Jeremiah Hanson had 14 points for the Mustangs, whose record drops to 14-2 after their first loss in MCAA play.
• BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 52, ROSEMOUNT 43: The Irish were down by only one point at halftime, but the Jaguars came out on top in this battle of South Suburban opponents. Matthew Rosen tallied 13 points for Jefferson, followed closely by Jacob Bodway's 12. Garrett Goetz scored 13 for Rosemount.
• HERITAGE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY 78, NEW LIFE ACADEMY 56: Five players scored in the double figures for Heritage, which continues to punish MCAA competition. Zach Weld led all scorers with 22 points. New Life's Conrad Engstrom had 14 points.
© 2014 Star Tribune