Rayno: Recruiting update on Josh Perkins
- Blog Post by: Amelia Rayno
- January 20, 2013 - 1:05 PM
Just a friendly update about that high-rated 2014 point guard the Gophers have their eye on.
No, wait, not that one.
While Tyus Jones is, of course, at the top of Minnesota’s list at that position for that class (along with, like, every premier university in the nation), the Gophers have extended their feelers outside of the good state of Minnesota, and have managed to make the narrowed list of another top-50 player.
Josh Perkins, from Aurora, Colo., recently narrowed his list to nine schools. Those schools include:
All but Duke have offered, according to ESPN.com, Scout.com and Rivals.com.
A little about Perkins:
- Listed at 6-2, 185, Perkins has been lauded for his collegiate-ready frame, which some who have seen him say has grown this season.
- Perkins – who is also a versatile defender -- has great breakaway speed and can changes speeds and direction in an instant. He pushes the ball, is an excellent passer and finishes well around the rim.
- Perkins goes to Regis Jesuit High School in Aurora, where a year ago, he averaged 18.6 points, 5.2 assists and four rebounds. Through 13 games so far this season, he’s upped those stats to 25.3 points, 5.6 assists and 7.4 rebounds.
- The junior has not yet visited Minnesota but could in the near future.
© 2016 Star Tribune