WCHA roundup: Jensen's goals lead St. Cloud State over Denver
- January 19, 2013 - 12:33 AM
• ST. CLOUD STATE 5, DENVER 2: Nick Jensen's second goal of the season, at 10 minutes, 40 seconds of the third period, gave the Huskies (13-10, 10-5 WCHA) the lead for good against the visiting Pioneers on Friday night. Six minutes later, Jensen scored again, on a power play. Zac Larraza and Nick Shore scored for Denver (13-7-4, 8-4-4), which was outshot 38-25. Denver came into the weekend tied for first in the conference, but now is tied for second with St. Cloud State and Nebraska Omaha.
• MICHIGAN TECH 4, BEMIDJI STATE 0: Sophomore forward Blake Pietila had two goals and an assist as the Huskies (7-12-3, 4-10-3) beat the visiting Beavers (5-12-4, 4-8-3). Freshman goalie Pheonix Copley stopped 25 shots in his shutout.
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 3, COLORADO COLLEGE 2: Caleb Herbert's goal with 1:43 to play gave the Bulldogs (10-10-3, 8-6-3) a road victory over the Tigers (9-14-2, 6-10-1). Justin Crandall and Mike Seidel also scored for UMD. Goalie Joe Howe kept CC close with 35 saves.
• WISCONSIN 1, MIAMI (OHIO) 0: Joe LaBate's goal at 11:32 of the third period was the difference as the Badgers (9-7-5) upset the No. 8-rated Redhawks (12-6-5) in a nonconference game with two penalties, one on each team.
•The WCHA has approved Alabama Huntsville's admission to the conference starting next season when the 12-team conference undergoes major changes. The Chargers, who now play an independent schedule, will give the WCHA 10 members: four present members, five teams from the CCHA and UAH.
STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS
© 2017 Star Tribune