Tuesday's boys' basketball roundup: Jones breaks Apple Valley scoring record
- January 15, 2013 - 11:34 PM
• APPLE VALLEY 79, LAKEVILLE NORTH 75 (OT): Tyus Jones (22 points), Brock Bertram (18) and Harry Sonie (18) led the Eagles over the Panthers Tuesday in overtime, negating JP Macura's 31-point effort. Grant Erickson (13) and Zach Creighton (12) were the only other Panthers in double figures. Jones, a junior point guard, is now the leading scorer in school history with 1,739 points.
• ARMSTRONG 81, ELK RIVER 78 (2OT): Mitchell Biewen's 21 points led the Eagles to the double-overtime victory over the Elks. Porter Morrell scored 30 and Clay Elrod 25 for the Elks.
• BUFFALO 61, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTH 49: Ethan Freer had 11 points as the Bison defeated the Tigers. Both teams boasted balanced scoring attacks, as six Bison scored seven or more points, while the Tigers had Kenley Farrow (12) and Payton Bowdry (10) in double figures.
• MAPLE GROVE 68, ANOKA 48: A 40-20 halftime-deficit was a harbinger for the Tornadoes, as the teams played it even down the stretch in the 20-point Crimson victory. Brycen Wojta led all scorers with 24 for Maple Grove, teammate Erik Olson added 17. Malcolm Seals led the Tornadoes with 15
© 2015 Star Tribune