Saturday's prep metro roundup: Duluth East rallies to top Eden Prairie in boys' hockey
- January 12, 2013 - 11:15 PM
BOYS' HOCKEYDuluth East rallies to top Eden Prairie
• DULUTH EAST 3, EDEN PRAIRIE 1: The Greyhounds, ranked No. 7 in Class 2A, got third-period goals from Jack Forbort, Jack Kolar and Phil Beaulieu to rally for the nonconference victory. Forbort and Kolar scored 84 seconds apart early to give the Greyhounds a 2-1 lead.
• ROCHESTER LOURDES 6, DELANO 5 (OT): Griff Sligtham's goal at 7:38 of the overtime lifted the Eagles, ranked No. 7 in Class 1A, to the nonconference victory. Alex Funk scored three goals -- including two short-handed goals in the third period -- for the Eagles, who rallied from a 3-0 first-period deficit.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET'S 5, MINNETONKA 1: Dan Labosky had four assists and Grant Besse a pair of goals as the Red Knights defeated the Skippers. Connor Thie had the Skippers' sole goal.
• WAYZATA 3, HILL-MURRAY 1: Matthew Freytag had a pair of goals as Wayzata scored three unanswered to defeat the Pioneers. Mitch Slattery scored the lone goal for Hill-Murray. Aaron Dingman saved 27 of 28 shots in the Trojans' victory.
GIRLS' HOCKEYWilliamson leads Edina past Wayzata
• EDINA 4, WAYZATA 1: Taylor Williamson had three goals and an assist -- all in the first period -- to lead the Hornets, ranked No. 5 in Class 2A, past the Trojans, No. 8 in Class 2A. Williamson scored the Hornets' first three goals -- in the game's first 10 minutes -- and then assisted on a goal by Sarah Nielsen as the Hornets opened a 4-0 lead.
• ANDOVER 3, CENTENNIAL 0: Mariah Czech scored two goals and Maddie Rooney made 21 saves to lead the Huskies, ranked No. 7 in Class 2A.
• BLAKE 7, FARMINGTON 1: Dani Cameranesi had three goals and three assists to lead the Bears, ranked No. 3 in Class 1A. Karlie Lund added two goals and an assist for the Bears.
• BURNSVILLE 7, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 0: Lindsay Coleman and Emma Wittchow each scored two goals as the Blaze beat the Eagles.
• CHISAGO LAKES 7, COOPER 0: Jacob Breyfogle, Jacob Speight and Bradee Thompson all scored twice to lead the Wildcats to the North Suburban Conference victory. Jacob Dubose made 21 saves for the shutout.
BOYS' BASKETBALLBroman scores 57 in Lions' victory
• LAKEVIEW CHRISTIAN 104, NEW LIFE ACADEMY 79: Anders Broman, the leading scorer in state boys' basketball history, scored 57 points to lead the Lions to the nonconference victory. Sam Horner scored 15 to lead the Eagles.
• EDINA 76, WILLMAR 38: Graham Woodward scored 28 points to lead the Hornets to the nonconference victory. Woodward, who moved within 43 points of becoming the school's all-time leading scorer, scored 22 in the first half as the Hornets built a 40-15 halftime lead. Kyler Johnson scored 15 to lead the Cardinals.
• ELK RIVER 64, MONTICELLO 40: Clay Elrod scored 24 points to pace the Elks, ranked No. 8 in Class 4A, past the Magic.
• WACONIA 49, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 47: Ryan Boll scored 12 points to help the Wildcats, ranked No. 3 in Class 3A, outlast the Eagles. Jumah'ri Turner scored 17 to lead the Eagles.
• NEW LONDON-SPICER 94, HOLY FAMILY 91: Aaron Ruter scored 31 points and Joey Dreier scored 27 to help the Wildcats outlast the Fire. Joe Hanel scored 25 to lead the Fire.
GIRLS' BASKETBALLCambridge-Isanti rallies to top Tartan, Albert
• CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 76, TARTAN 66: The Bluejackets outscored Tartan 45-27 in the second half to rally from an eight-point halftime deficit. Brynn Liljander scored 29 points and Justine Larson scored 23 to help the Bluejackets overcome 39 points from the Titans' Tia Albert.
• APPLE VALLEY 57, EAST RIDGE 37: Apple Valley used a 14-0 run in the second half to take control in the nonconference victory. Lyndsey Robson scored 16 points to lead the Eagles, who led by four points at halftime. Jamie Swanson scored 21 to lead East Ridge.
• WACONIA 76, SHAKOPEE 55: Morgan Iverson scored 17 points and Miranda Schultz scored 15 in the Wildcats' victory.
© 2016 Star Tribune