WCHA roundup: Kristo carries North Dakota to split with Colorado College
- January 13, 2013 - 12:06 AM
• NORTH DAKOTA 5, COLORADO COLLEGE 3: Senior winger Danny Kristo had two goals and two assists as No. 6-rated UND (13-6-3, 8-3-3) beat the Tigers (9-13-2, 6-9-1) on Saturday to split their series in Grand Forks, N.D. Kristo extended his goal-scoring streak to seven games, while teammate Corban Knight extended his point-scoring streak to 17 games. Fourth-liner Dan Senkbeil's first goal of the season gave UND a 4-3 lead at 7 minutes, 45 seconds of the third period. Scott Winkler scored twice for CC.
• NEBRASKA OMAHA 3, DENVER 3 (OT): Ryan Walters scored the tying goal with 2 minutes, 17 seconds remaining in regulation for visiting UNO. With the tie, the Mavericks (13-9-2, 9-5-2) and Denver (13-6-4, 8-4-4) remain tied atop the conference, one point ahead of the Gophers and North Dakota. Paul Phillips' shorthanded goal at 9:12 of the third period put Denver up 3-2 before Walters' equalizer.
• WISCONSIN 2, MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 1 (OT): Senior defenseman John Ramage scored near the end of overtime for the second night in a row, this goal coming with six seconds remaining as the Badgers (8-7-5, 6-5-5) extended their unbeaten streak to 10 games by beating the host Mavericks (13-10-1, 9-6-1). Ramage, the son of former North Stars defenseman Rob Ramage, also assisted on the Badgers' other goal, by Jefferson Dahl in the second period. On Friday, John Ramage scored with 32 seconds left in OT for a 4-3 victory.
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 5, MICHIGAN TECH 4: Tony Cameranesi had two goals and an assist, Mike Seidel had three assists and the Bulldogs (9-10-3, 7-6-3) completed a sweep of the Huskies (6-12-3, 3-10-3) in Houghton, Mich. Minnesota Duluth went 2-for-3 on the power play, including a goal by Wade Bergman midway through the third period to make it 5-3. Alex Petan had a goal and two assists for Michigan Tech, while Ryan Furne and Steven Seigo each had a goal and an assist.
STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS
© 2013 Star Tribune