Amelia Rayno's Big Ten Power Poll
- January 11, 2013 - 11:12 PM
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Michigan: Until the Wolverines lose, their spot at the top seems pretty safe.
2. Indiana: The Hoosiers are shooting an incredible 51.1 percent from the floor and have continued to take care of business in the conference.
3. Gophers: With Wednesday's victory at Illinois, the Gophers are certainly challenging the top.
4. Michigan State: Just like Indiana, the Spartans were given a scare by Iowa, but they have finished most games well.
5. Illinois: Their victory over the Buckeyes seems less impressive in light of two league losses.
6. Ohio State: The Buckeyes are 2-1 in the conference, but they have still lost to every ranked team they have played this season.
7. Iowa: Even if the Hawkeyes aren't winning their Big Ten games, I'm intrigued by the grit they have shown.
8. Purdue: Right now, it's looking like beating Illinois was just a fluke.
9. Wisconsin: The easiest start to the league season has been enjoyed by the Badgers. We will know more about them after they play host to Illinois on Saturday.
10. Nebraska: The Cornhuskers did something Northwestern and Iowa couldn't do -- make a game against the Wolverines interesting.
11. Northwestern: The Wildcats had to go to State College to end their slide.
12. Penn State: We all knew it would be a tough year without Tim Frazier.
© 2013 Star Tribune