Recipe: Scrambled Eggs With Chicken Livers
- January 2, 2013 - 2:50 PM
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH CHICKEN LIVERS
Serves 2 to 3.
• 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
• 1/2 medium onion, sliced
• 5 eggs
• 1/2 c. grated Parmesan or other hard cheese, divided
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 6 fresh sage leaves, or 1 tsp. minced rosemary or thyme
• 4 chicken livers, cut into pieces
• 1/4 c. dry vermouth
Put 3 tablespoons of the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; a minute later, add the onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with about half the cheese and some salt and pepper.
Add the sage and livers to the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 3 minutes. Pour in the eggs and vermouth and stir until the eggs set, a minute or so. Garnish with the remaining olive oil and Parmesan and serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
© 2015 Star Tribune