WCHA roundup: MSU Mankato stays on roll
- December 29, 2012 - 11:50 PM
• DENVER 6, BOSTON UNIVERSITY 0: Nolan Zajac, Shawn Ostrow, and brothers Nick and Quentin Shore each had a goal and an assist, Juho Olkinuora made 29 saves and the 14th-ranked Pioneers (10-6-3) ended their eight-game winless streak by pounding the sixth-ranked Terriers (10-6) in Denver. The Pioneers scored three first-period goals, two 9 seconds apart by Zac Larraza and Quentin Shore.
• QUINNIPIAC 5, NEBRASKA OMAHA 4: Jordan Samuels-Thomas' second goal of the game, at 3:47 of the third period, was the winner for the Bobcats, who extended their unbeaten streak (10-0-1) to 11 games in Hamden, Conn. Eric Hartzell of White Bear Lake made 33 saves for Quinnipiac (13-3-2).
• FERRIS STATE 6, MINNESOTA DULUTH 2: The Bulldogs (8-8-3) from Big Rapids, Mich., scored twice in the last minute of the second period to break a tie with UMD (7-10-3) on the second day of the Florida College Classic in Estero. Ferris State pulled away with two power-play goals in the third.
• MICHIGAN TECH 4, MICHIGAN 0: Alex Petan scored two goals and Jujhar Khaira had a goal and two assists as the Huskies (5-10-3) beat the Wolverines (6-10-2) on the first day of the Great Lakes Invitational in Detroit. Tech freshman goalie Pheonix Copley made 38 saves, 13 in the third period, for the shutout.
© 2016 Star Tribune