- December 23, 2012 - 8:08 PM
A range of health care systems are merging or forming alliances, including physician practices, hospitals and clinics and insurance companies. Here are some notable partnerships:
• Park Nicollet Health Services, St. Louis Park, will combine with HealthPartners, Bloomington, on Jan. 1.
• Courage Center, Golden Valley, will merge with Allina Health's Sister Kenny, Minneapolis, first quarter.
• New River Medical Center, Monticello, will merge with CentraCare Health System, St. Cloud, on Jan. 1.
• City-owned Virginia Medical Center will merge with Essentia Health, Duluth, Jan. 1.
• Deer River Healthcare Center merges with Essential Health
• Children's Hospitals and Clinics, Minneapolis, acquires Pediatric ENT Associates
• City-owned St. Michael's Hospital, Sauk Centre, turns over management to CentraCare
• Hennepin Faculty Associates, HCMC's doctors group, merges with Hennepin Healthcare Systems Inc.
• Fairview Health System, Minneapolis, sells Red Wing Health Services to Mayo Clinic Health System.
• Paynesville Area Health System signs letter of intent to consider aligning with CentraCare, a year-long process.
• Sanford Health System, of Sioux Falls, S.D., and Fargo, N.D., acquires Clearwater Health Services in Bagley.
• Sanford Health acquires Bemidji's North Country Regional Hospital, Broadway Medical Center in Alexandria and Wheaton Community Hospital.
• Mayo acquires Queen of Peace Hospital of New Prague.
• Allina Health buys out North Memorial's 50 percent stake in WestHealth to take full ownership.
© 2015 Star Tribune