Chart: Tracking Adrian Peterson through 14 games
- December 22, 2012 - 8:40 PM
2012 SEASON TO DATE
• Has rushed for 1,812 yards, which is a Vikings record and the 19th-highest total in NFL history.
• Is averaging 6.3 yards per carry with 11 touchdowns.
• Has rushed for 100 or more yards in the past eight games -- twice eclipsing 200 -- for a total of 1,313 yards.
WITH TWO GAMES TO GO ...
• Needs 68 yards (34 per game) to achieve one of the top 10 rushing seasons in NFL history.
• Needs 188 yards (94 per game) to become the seventh 2,000-yard rusher in NFL history and the third from the NFC.
• Needs 294 yards (147 per game) to break Eric Dickerson's NFL record of 2,105 yards set in 1984 with the Rams.
• Is tied with Barry Sanders for most runs of 50 yards or longer in one season (seven).
• Has chance to become only the fifth player in history to average 6 yards per carry in a season (minimum 190 attempts) and is within reach of Jim Brown's record of 6.4 set in 1963.
© 2014 Star Tribune