Holiday light show to stay in Duluth for now
- December 19, 2012 - 9:18 PM
DULUTH - A free holiday light show that's been the focus of two preachers' legal fight over access is staying in Duluth.
Mayor Don Ness said Wednesday that the Bentleyville Tour of Lights will stay in the city for at least another three years. Bentleyville and the city of Duluth have reached a tentative agreement that would extend the event to 2015.
The display has been held for the past four years at Bayfront Festival Park. But organizer Nathan Bentley said earlier he's grown weary of the legal battles and hinted that this could be the display's last year.
A federal judge ruled this month in favor of two preachers who accused the city of violating their constitutional rights by preventing them from preaching at the event.
© 2014 Star Tribune