Pipe bomb left at N.Ireland photographer's home
- Associated Press
- December 14, 2012 - 3:59 AM
DUBLIN - A Northern Ireland press photographer says he won't be intimidated from doing his job after a pipe bomb was left outside his home.
No group claimed responsibility for Friday's threat to photographer Mark Pearce, his partner and two children aged 12 and 14.
Police evacuated his and five neighboring homes in the village of Mayobridge shortly after midnight and British Army experts safely dismantled the device. It had been propped on a window sill beside the front door.
Pearce is a veteran freelance photographer who previously worked for the Belfast photo agencies Pacemaker and Presseye.
He says he can't identify any recent photo he's taken that might have spurred one of Northern Ireland's outlawed paramilitary groups to target him — but won't stop working because of "some thug."
© 2015 Star Tribune