Moore one of eight Lynx players overseas
- Blog Post by: Roman Augustoviz
- December 13, 2012 - 11:27 AM
The Lynx sent out an update on their overseas players today.
Here is the latest:
* Maya Moore scored 37 points, grabbed 10 rebounds, had four assists and swiped three steals to lead Shanxi to its league-best 11th win of the WCBA season on Tuesday, edging Bayi 81-61.
On Saturday, Shaxi had its 10-game winning streak snapped despite Moore’s 53-points and 13 rebounds. Moore was 18-of-30 (.600) from the floor in the loss to Zhejiang. Liz Cambage, a 6-8 center for Tulsa in the WNBA, had 49 points, 16 rebounds and six blocks for Zhejiang.
Since Moore joined Shanxi two games into the WCBA season, the Flame are a league-best 11-1. She had 60 points in one of her first games.
An AP story on Moore's life in China can be found here.
* Lindsay Whalen had a season-high eight assists yesterday as Galatasaray edged Novi Zagreb 77-50 in EuroLeague play. Whalen added eight points on 4-for-6 shooting while grabbing three rebounds. Galatasaray is 6-1 in Euroleague play, sitting in second place in Group C behind UMMC (6-0).
In Turkish League play Saturday, Whalen scored 14 points, grabbed six rebounds and had three assists in a 71-56 win over Canik Belediyesi.
* Seimone Augustus had 10 points, four rebounds, one assist and one steal Wednesday as Spartak V MR won 83-79 over Tarsus Belediyesi.
* Rebekkah Brunson dominated in Euroleague play Wednesday, scoring a game-high 21 points and grabbing eight rebounds. Brunson was 8-for-12 from the field and 5-for-6 from the free throw line to lead USK Praha to a 78-65 win over Perfumerias.
* Amber Harris had 16 points and 10 rebounds for Bichumi in a 67-51 loss to Woori Hansae on Sunday. Harris added three steals and a pair of assists as Bichumi (8-9) had its four game winning streak snapped.
* Devereaux Peters had 12 points and rebounds (seven offensive) to lead Lucca (7-1) to its seventh consecutive win Sunday in the Italian League, a 61-45 victory over Pozzuoli.
* Monica Wright scored seven points for Dandenong on Saturday in the WNBL Australian league as the Rangers lost 72-79 to Bendigo Bar.
* Jessica Adair had 10 points, four rebounds and blocked four shots in Townsville’s 85-72 win over Logan in the Australian Women's National Basketball League on Friday.
© 2016 Star Tribune