Postgame: Love goes 3-for-17, but Wolves win anyway
- Blog Post by: Jerry Zgoda
- December 13, 2012 - 1:55 AM
Don't look now but...
* The Wolves are 10-9, which matches their best record after 19 games since 2006-07, Kevin Garnett's last season in Minnesota.
* If the season ended now -- and it doesn't, of course -- they'd be the seventh-seeded playoff team in the West.
* They've won four of five and five of their last seven and outlasted Denver tonight even though Kevin Love got thumped by Kenneth Faried in their matchup at power forward. Faried went for 26 and 14 and Love made 3 of 17 shots and scored just eight points, but matched Faried's 16 rebounds and earned praise from Rick Adelman afterward for doing other things such as rebounding on a night when his shot didn't fall.
And here's my colleague Pat Reusse's Love-centric column, weighing in on the Yahoo!Sports interview.
There also should be postgame locker-room video embedded here on the blog by morning.
The Wolves will practice Thursday before flying to New Orleans in the afternoon for Friday's game there.
Kent Youngblood will back Thursday to blog at you after practice while I fly to NOLA.
But before I do, join me for a live chat at 12:30 pm on startribune.com and we'll talk about all things regarding Love's Yahoo!Sports interview, Ricky Rubio's return and anything else you want to ask.
© 2016 Star Tribune