Police Chief Harteau appoints new leadership team
- Blog Post by: Randy Furst
- December 7, 2012 - 11:24 AM
Newly sworn-in Police Chief Janeé Harteau announced her new “executive management team” on Friday, fulfilling her promise to bring into the leadership some new faces, and revamp portions of the Minneapolis Police Department.
Her new executive team includes naming Inspector Lucy Gerold to head a newly created department unit called the Leadership and Organizational Development division. Harteau earlier told the Star Tribune that she planned a large increase in training. Gerold was previously inspector of the 3rd precinct in south Minneapolis.
Harteau’s other appointments include the following:
- Assistant Chief, Matthew Clark, who most recently commanded the 5th precinct in southwest Minneapolis
- Deputy Chief of Patrol, Eddie Frizell, who most recently commanded the first precinct in downtown Minneapolis
- Deputy Chief of Investigations, Kristine Arneson, most recently deputy chief of the patrol bureau
- Deputy Chief of Professional Standards Travis Glampe, most recently in charge of the internal affairs unit.
© 2013 Star Tribune