Harvin can't practice, so he's 'doubtful' for Sunday
- Blog Post by: Mark Craig
- November 23, 2012 - 3:16 PM
Receiver Percy Harvin is listed as "doubtful" for Sunday's game at Chicago after trying but failing to participate in today's practice.
"Percy gave it a try in pre-practice [stretching] and couldn't really put a lot of weight on that ankle at this point," coach Leslie Frazier said.
Harvin sprained his left ankle three weeks ago at Seattle. He missed the Vikings' win over the Lions two weeks ago and had last week's bye to help as well. But he's limping noticeably and obviously isn't expected to play until at least next week when the Vikings travel to Green Bay.
In other injury news:
- Left guard Charlie Johnson, who missed practice Wednesday and Thursday because of a toe injury, was limited in today's practice. "He was able to get out and should be fine," Frazier said. Just in case, the team gave Mark Asper more reps at left guard this week. If Johnson couldn't play, Joe Berger would start at guard and be backed up by Asper. Johnson is listed as questionable.
- Frazier also listed nose tackle Letroy Guion as questionable with a turf toe injury. Guion missed the Lions game two weeks ago. He was limited in today's practice.
- Receiver Michael Jenkins had full participated in today's practice after being limited the previous two days. He's listed as probable.
- CB Antoine Winfield (knee) was limited again, but is listed as probable. He'll play. Also listed as probable after participating fully in practice this week are: DE Jared Allen (shoulder), WR Stephen Burton (ankle), P Chris Kluwe (knee) and RB Adrian Peterson (ankle).
- From the Bears' report, QB Jay Cutler participated on a limited basis again on Friday and is listed as "questionable."
© 2016 Star Tribune