Sunday Supper: Pumpkin Shrimp Curry
- November 23, 2012 - 11:44 AM
PUMPKIN SHRIMP CURRY
Note: Stuck with a leftover can of pumpkin purée? You're in luck. Try this shrimp dish from Tory Miller, of L'Etoile restaurant in Madison, Wis. from Bon Appetit magazine.
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 c. sliced onion
• 1 tbsp. minced ginger
• 1 tbsp. minced garlic
• 1 chopped plum tomato
• 1 (15-oz.) can unsweetened pumpkin purée
• 2 c. vegetable broth
• 1 c. unsweetened coconut milk
• 11/2 tsp. curry powder
• 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
• 1 c. diced, roasted butternut squash (many supermarkets sell cut-up squash)
• 1 lb. peeled, deveined shrimp
• 11/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
• Cilantro, lime zest and fried shallots, for garnish
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and ginger, sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, cook for a minute.
Stir in tomato and pumpkin, cook, stirring frequently until pumpkin is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, curry powder and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Add squash, shrimp and lime juice. Simmer until shrimp are cooked and squash is warm.
Serve with steamed rice. Top with cilantro, lime zest and shallots.
© 2015 Star Tribune