Girls' hockey: Ten teams to watch
- November 19, 2012 - 10:30 PM
TOP 10 TEAMS
1. Minnetonka: Five Division I commitments lead quest for a third consecutive Class 2A state title.
2. Benilde-St. Margaret's: Talented enough to skate with Minnetonka, but can B-SM get past the Skippers?
3. Edina: Depth that most can't match. Must develop in the defensive end.
4. Lakeville North: Experienced and gritty, the Panthers need more scorers to solidify their offense.
5. Roseville: Hit hard by graduation, but emerging young players are hungry to impress.
6. Eden Prairie: Youthful but talented. Strong in the net but in need of more scoring.
7. Hill-Murray: Defense will be the Pioneers' rock as the offense navigates the post-Hannah Brandt era.
8. Blake (Class 1A): With all but two players returning, the Bears earn the nod over nemesis Breck.
9. Stillwater: Team speed and chemistry will be key to overtaking Roseville and Hill-Murray in the playoffs.
10. Blaine: Strong returning players and a talented transfer must help inexperienced goaltender along.
DAVID LA VAQUE
© 2017 Star Tribune